Thursday, September 30, 2010

Reflecting on the Sermon 9/26/10

It is good to reflect on the sermon delivered by our pastor each week.  I hope to blog (in the near future) about why this is a good habit to develop and some practical ways to do it. 

In order to encourage us to reflect on what God has taught us through the sermon, I would like to start posting something that stuck out to me or that I am reflecting on from the sermon.  I hope to do this each week (I'll do my best to do it every week...don't hate me if I miss a week occasionally). 

The sermon for this week was from Romans 8:12-13.  Here is one point that I found tremendously encouraging this week:

As a Christian, I never have to be hopeless [even when I fail and sin in the same old ways] because the Spirit lives in me.  I may not grow as fast as I'd like, but the Holy Spirit gives me the power to grow and change.

I hope you are as encouraged by that as I was.  If you had anything that stuck out to you, feel free to share about it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment