Friday, September 10, 2010

Let's Get Ready to Blog

In a world full of digital technology, blogging almost seems like a given.  Most of us (all of us if you are reading this post) read blogs.  Some of us write them.  But in spite of this increasingly common cultural phenomenon, I am entering the blogging world with anticipation and apprehension.

I am excited about the medium this provides to communicate God's truth and encourage those I minister to at Grace Church.  Another avenue to have input into your lives is a valuable gift from the Lord that I do not take lightly.  I am prayerful that this will be another means by which we grow in our knowledge of God and His Word and that this would result in our growth in godliness.  So I am excited to embark on this journey.

I am apprehensive, however, because there are already many great blogs for Christians to read.  So, as I made the decision to enter the blog world I had to ask, "Is this a worthy use of my energy and your time/attention in reading this blog since there are already other great (better) blogs out there?"  In answering this question, I realized two things.  1. Not all of us have time to scan several good blogs to dig out a few helpful gems.  So, in my blog I will do some scanning for you and link to things that I believe you will find helpful.  2. As your college/career pastor, I can use my understanding of our group's setting to post and link to things that are, I pray, quite beneficial to our group's particular circumstances.

All that to say, "let's get ready to blog."

No comments:

Post a Comment