Tuesday, November 25, 2014

God, Singleness, and Marriage: How the Bible Gives Purpose and Direction to Singles


About two years ago I began reading a lot on the subject of singleness and the Christian life. In a culture in which marriage in increasingly postponed, the period of living as a single person has increased. Add to that the confusion over the "gift of singleness" and the fact that this gift has been marginalized in the church. Consider how many young Christian men and women desire to get married but find themselves confused about how to pursue marriage. Put all this together and you have a good reason to want to know what God has said on these issues. 

As I read many books on singleness, I found that many were very good, but none did exactly what I wanted them to do. So, I began to write out a few thoughts (many of these thoughts are influenced by many who have already written on these topics). In the end, I had a short book. 

Over the next few weeks, I will begin posting sections of the book, God, Singleness, and Marriage: How the Bible Gives Purpose and Direction to Singles. My aim is to show the redemptive usefulness of singleness in a way which gives hope to struggling singles, encouragement to content singles, and direction for all singles. This book is intended for men and women, and it is even intended to benefit those who are married.  

I pray God is glorified and you are encouraged. 

Note: If you want to keep up with all the posts covering the book as time goes on, you can search the label God-Marriage-Singleness.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment