Friday, April 29, 2011

Perseverence: How can I have assurance I am saved?

As I draw to a close, perhaps all this has got you wondering, "How can I know I am saved?".  That is a good question.  Let's finish our study on the doctrine of perseverance by looking at four questions that will help.


1. Are you trusting in Jesus for salvation right now?
Scripture continually affirms the present, ongoing trust true believers exhibit in Christ (John 3:16, Col. 1:3, Heb. 3:14).  This doesn't mean you always trust Christ perfectly or that you never have doubt.  It does mean that you are presently trusting him for your salvation.  If you are trusting Jesus alone for the forgiveness of your sins and hope of eternal life right now, this is good evidence you belong to him.

Next time well look at the next question.

No comments:

Post a Comment