Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reflecting on the Sermon: 1/16/11

Rod continued preaching from Romans 8:28-30.  He laid out several passages that show God's sovereignty and human responsibility/culpability held together (Is. 10:5-18, Acts. 2:22-37, John 3, John 6: 36-44, 65).  To me, the most encouraging part was to reflect on how God's sovereignty in calling us for the purpose of conforming us to the image of Christ guarantees that God will accomplish what he began in us.  When I struggle in my battle with sin or feel as though I'm loosing my grip on God, I am comforted by the doctrine of election.  It is the bases for the fact that God is working all things for my good and fulfilling what he began when he called me- making me into the image of Christ!  God never lets go of those he calls and elects.

No comments:

Post a Comment