Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reflecting on the Sermon 11/7/10

More from Romans 8:17?  Oh yes.  Rod spoke from Romans 8:17b-18 and expanded on the themes of suffering and glory found in Romans 8.  As he discussed suffering, specifically persecution, I found this series of quotes (my paraphrases) thought provoking and a good exhortation

In the US we don't face too much physical persecution right now, but ask yourself- "Does the world like me?"  If you speak like Jesus and proclaim the gospel message, the world will react. The gospel message is offensive (it includes issues of sin, the exclusivity of Christ, the reality of Hell).  If you speak this message people will be offended and some won't like you.  Now, if your personality is offending people, change it.  But if the message is offending, be willing to face persecution for it.

I like to be liked.  So, this is a good area for me to be challenged in.

If you had any thoughts from the sermon I'd love to hear them.  Remember, if you post a meditation from this week's sermon or last week's I will enter you in the drawing (see the previous post for more details).

No comments:

Post a Comment