Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reflecting on the Sermon 10/31/10

Rod preached from Romans 8:17.  He was focusing on the fourth confirmation a person can have that he or she is a Christian: He suffers with Christ.  The part I reflected on was when he discussed the first part of the verse in which we are told that we are "heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ."  As a Christian, I have an intimate relationship with God, calling him Abba Father (v. 16), and I have an inheritance in Christ.  Here is the statement that really struck me from the sermon:
A human father can disinherit you or lose the inheritance, but God doesn't.  He is faithful and powerful.
That brings me much hope for every day life and especially in suffering.  Even when I mess up, God will not disinherit me because I am in Christ and share in His inheritance.   


No comments:

Post a Comment