Friday, January 5, 2018

Prayer App

Last Sunday I preached on Psalm 86 "In My Day of Trouble, I Call upon You." It is a Psalm that is 100% prayer. I learned, from studying the Psalm, that humility is really the key to getting on in praying more regularly and biblically. If you are driving back to Tallahassee and need something to listen to, maybe you could listen to the sermon (if you didn't know we do have the sermons set up on apple and andriod podcasts).

The "extra" thing I wanted to mention here is that I have found an app called "prayermate" to be a helpful tool in keeping my prayer requests organized. To be clear, an app won't make us pray more or more faithfully. Only humility and a trust in God's sovereign goodness will do that. But, tools can be helpful. So, if you are inclined, check it out.

A concluding prayer from Psalm 86:11
Teach me your way, O Lord,
    that I may walk in your truth;
    unite my heart to fear your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment