Thursday, June 28, 2012

How is Your Summer? Don't Waste It!

Summer is in full bloom, but it will soon be gone. I am not trying to be a killjoy. I am not trying to be "that annoying kid" who always whined about the end of summer that was coming instead of enjoying the remaining days.  The reason I bring it up is to remind you of my challenge to you this summer. Do you remember?

The challenge was to make diligent effort to grow, by God's grace, in godliness (Christ-likeness).  If you participated in the book club/discipleship group, I encourage you to review the book (How Can I Change?) and use the principles to grow in a specific area of your life.  Don't be vague and general. We don't change in nebulous clouds of vagueness. God calls us and empowers us to change in specific attitudes and actions.  If you weren't able to participate in our discipleship group, I encourage you to read the book on your own (you can get a digital version free here).

Also, you may benefit from re-reading my blog series from the beginning of the summer on godliness.  You can find it by searching "Grow in Godliness This Summer" in the search bar.

I pray that through your Spirit empowered work God would give you genuine, perceptible, growth in godliness this summer.  Don't waste your remaining summer.  It is a gift to be enjoyed for God's glory and your spiritual good.

1 comment:

  1. Great post.

    I myself always look forward to the summers because I usually have more time to study The Word and read great books that help me grow in faith and God's grace.

    I also like how you add that we need to be specific in how we desire to grow. It's easy to be too general; it's more difficult to honestly examine our lives and target precise areas we need to work on.

    ReplyDelete