Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reflecting on the Sermon: 2/6/11

The text was Romans 8:31-34.  The whole sermon was about the comfort and security of the believer's salvation.  The part I found encouraging was when we looked at verses 32-33:
He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 
God will never let me go or get tired of me.  If he did the hard thing (not sparing his Son) then he will surely keep me until glory.  There is no sin that God did not know about when he chose to save me.  He nailed every sin to the cross and justified me. What an encouragement when I fail and mess up to know that God is the one who keeps me securely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment