Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Memorize Scripture with Me in 2017

If you are like me, you are not strong in the area of memorizing Scripture. I think part of that is a lack of planning and encouragement. So, I'd like to plan to memorize Scripture in 2017. If you would like to join me, we can encourage one another in it too!

The Plan

My plan is to use the "Fighter Verses" app from Desiring God. The website for fighter verses is here, and it has links to find the Android or iPhone apps. The app does cost about $3 if you want it (I like it because it can display the verse on my home screen).

Each week, there is a new verse to memorize. The app allows you to do some memory quizzes on the verse, to listen to the verse, and provides links to articles about the verse from Desiring God (helping you to meditate on its meaning an application).

My plan is to spend some time each day reading / reciting the verse (maybe read / recite it 10 times each day). By the end of each week I hope to be reciting from memory more than reading the verse.

Encouragement

Each week we can work on memorizing the new verse(s) and encourage one another by sharing what we are learning as we think about its meaning and how it applies to us.

If we discipline ourselves to do this, we will have 52 passages memorized by this time next year!

Will you join me? Let me know if you decide to join in so we can encourage one another this year.

This week's verse is Isaiah 40:8 
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment